Winner of the award for Best Early Years Professional First Aid Training Business - UK 2020 with Corporate Vision.
This course comprises of an e-learning course and classroom session. Both must be completed before a certificate will be issued.
This blended training course is designed for workers caring for young children in the absence of their parents.
The certificate must be renewed every three years.
The classroom part of the emergency Paediatric First Aid course lasts for a minimum of 6 hours (excluding breaks) and will cover the following areas:
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take,
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally,
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally,
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure,
- Help a baby or child who is choking,
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding,
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock).
- to discuss the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents),
- to help a baby or child:
- who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- who has had an electric shock
- who has burns or scalds
- who has a suspected fracture
- with head, neck or back injuries
- who is suspected of being poisoned
- with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- with an eye injury
- with a bite or sting
- who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions.
Courses delivered by