Paediatric First Aid Course Level 3
Winner of the award for Best Early Years Professional First Aid Training Business - UK 2020 with Corporate Vision.
Peadiatric First Aid Course Summary
This level 3 training comprises of an online e-learning course and classroom session. Both must be completed before a certificate will be issued.
We run regular training in East Lancashire, West Yorkshire and Leictershire. However we can arrange training accross the country and will come to you if needed.
This training covers everything the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework states must be covered in a Paediatric First Aid Course.
The certificate must be renewed every three years.
Paediatric First Aid Course Objectives
The classroom part of the Level 3 Paediatric First Aid course lasts for a minimum of 6 hours (excluding breaks) and will cover the following areas:
- assessing an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take,
- help a baby/child who is
- unresponsive and breathing normally,
- unresponsive and not breathing normally,
- having a seizure,
- suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock).
The full blended Paediatric First Aid course should last for a minimum of 12 hours (excluding breaks) and will cover the areas set out above as well as the following areas:
- discuss the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents),
to help a baby/child:
- who is suffering from anaphylactic shock,
- who has had an electric shock,
- who has burns or scalds,
- who has a suspected fracture,
- with head, neck or back injuries,
- who is suspected of being poisoned,
- with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose,
- with an eye injury,
- with a bite or sting,
- who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold,
- having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions.
Who is this Paediatric First Aid Course for?
Anyone working in childcare or the early years sector should do this Paediatric First Aid training.
Why choose us for your Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Course?
This Paediatric First Aid Course is a blended course which means that you are only in the classroom for 1 day rather than 2 and the rest of the training is done in your own time - whenever you like! Our Paediatric First Aid Trainers are all highly knowledable and experianced in Paediatric First Aid.
Courses delivered by
Use the stars below to book on a Paediatric First Aid Course in the areas listed. If you are interested in booking a course at your workplace or in your areas please email: firstname.lastname@example.org