FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) Distance Learning only during COVID-19
- The qualification is available to learners aged 18 or over.
- It may be possible to allocate a reasonable adjustment to a learner who has a disability, medical condition or learning need; learners should contact their training provider to discuss. Any reasonable adjustments granted must be in line with the FAA Reasonable Adjustments Policy.
- However, due to this being a distance learning qualification and the level of unsupervised learning required, a learner must have the literacy skills to be able to read and self-learn the reference manual and additional resources.
- The qualification has 6 assigned guided learning hours (GLH) and 14 hours total qualification time (TQT). GLH indicates the number of contact hours that the learner will have with the trainer/assessor. TQT includes GLH but considers unsupervised learning and is an estimate of how long the average learner will take to achieve the qualification.
- It is beneficial for the learner to undertake additional independent learning for example, by doing research on the internet.
- The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training.
- The learner will need to complete the full course again to re-qualify for a further three years Progression
- FAA offer qualifications in health & safety including manual handling and fire safety, food safety, safeguarding and first aid and related subjects if a learner wanted to diversify.
- The qualification is assessed by professional discussion with the Trainer/Assessor and evidenced by a recorded video call. The learner has a maximum of 60 minutes to complete the assessment.
- This recording will be kept following the FAA Data Protection Policy and will not be shared with any person except for quality assurance purposes by FAA, the FAA centre providing the training, and the regulatory bodies as required.
- There is no grading of the assessment; learners pass or are referred
Please NOTE that during COVID 19 Distance Learning is only avaible
The course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals.
The training covers the content of both the Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications but is aimed at Trainer/Assessors and/or supervisor level within the workplace.Cost: £120 includes accreditation cost and also resource materials
Courses delivered by