Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
This one-day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.
The qualification is valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet HSE requirements.
About the Course
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is six hours and can be delivered in one day. The course comprises of practical work including an assessment on CPR and first aid. The award is valid for three years.
Subjects are covered include:
- the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- managing an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- managing a casualty who is in shock
- assessing an incident
- recognising and assisting a casualty who is choking
- managing a casualty with a minor injury
- managing an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
Emergency First Aid at Work is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty. All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved including how to manage a casualty with external bleeding.
In order to re-qualify learners must be assessed against all learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the unit.Cost: £49